Friday, June 21, 2013

SHAMASK AND I: FASHION AND REFLECTION

During a Decades event in New York City early this year I wore a black "parachute" dress that Cameron and I found in a vintage fashion expo. The dress had an extraordinary voluminous shape with batwing sleeves and buttons starting on the left shoulder and descending to mid thigh. I was in fashion heaven, not only because I am drawn to dramatic modern shapes but especially because this was Ronaldus Shamask. I had never worn a Shamask piece and I always felt like it was the best kept secret. I wore the dress ignoring NYC freezing weather and had an absolute blast. Little did I know that by wearing this dress, in some way I would attract the fashion gods into bringing more Shamask into my world. Cameron was in talks with Mr. Murray Moss, The Moss in Shamask Moss. He had saved some runway samples from the early 80's and wanted for them to go to young people who would discover and appreciate the brand. Now we have over 55 pieces at Decades, from linen dresses and blouses, the silk two tone dresses with cut out details, kimono style coats, and silk pajama sets featuring his signature snaking seam. These two wool skirt suits feature the hidden seams revealing a color contrast and hidden buttons and side pockets. Ronaldus Shamask is and expert of stitching, which often involves minimal seams and a flow that naturally complements the human form. He is inspired by origami and architecture. As fashion is rewritten everyday, it is very important to know who the pioneers were. And it is also important to look and feel good. In Shamask you will experience that and the absolute feeling of being a fashion insider. 
-Eri 








Ronaldus Shamask wool skirt suit in red, Fall 1981, 
Modern size 4.  SOLD
Ronaldus Shamask wool skirt suit in black, Fall 1981. 
Modern size 4.  SOLD

For additional information, please email blog@decadesinc.com or call + 1 323 655-1960. You may also visit us in person at Decades 8214 Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles, California. Please reference the description above, if calling or emailing.