Saturday, January 12, 2013

CRUSHED

Usually when I think of crushed velvet I conjure up unfortunate images of heavy metal rockers in leggings or Tim Curry.  I don't know why I think of Tim Curry, but I do.  Let's just say it's not my favorite fabric, although I do own a wonderful golden Stefano-Pilati designed men's blazer in crushed velvet that is always met with compliments.  Which brings me to this original Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche cherry red crushed velvet wrap gown.  I do not conjure images of Sammy Hagar or Tim Curry when I look at this.  I think more Dietrich back stage after a show in Vegas.  It's not to suggest this is a "dressing gown" per se, but it has that old Hollywood glamour silent film boudoir vibe, but is made for going out and being comfortable.  Remember: don't sacrifice chic, for comfort.  The two can meet.  As a matter of fact, chic + comfort has made its match in the dress below.  Now have you made your match?
-Cameron



Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche velvet robe dress in red, Marked size 36. Modern size 2 to 6 SOLD

For additional information, please email blog@decadesinc.com or call + 1 323 655-1960. You may also visit us in person at Decades 8214 Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles, California. Please reference the description above, if calling or emailing.