Monday, March 05, 2012

JUMP! HOW HIGH?

Kind of annoyed that this jumpsuit looks like crap on our mannequin but looks so cool on a body. I really thought I had seen every piece of Rudi Gernreich after going through Peggy Moffitt's extensive 400-plus collection but this lurex knit jumpsuit is a variation of Rudi's famous "cross my heart" design but with an added striped collar and zipper down the center and in a jumpsuit shape rather than A-line dress. There's also a hint of Rudi's iconic Kabuki dress with the addition of the red waist bow. I always think there is a Rudi moment and I am excited about this Gernreich giving you a little Emma Peel by way of Rudi. I let down the hem so mind the crease near the bottom of the pants...it just needs to be hemmed to your leg.
-@CameronDecades






Rudi Gernreich lurex jumpsuit with red trim "cross my heart", c. 1970's. Marked size 12, Modern size 4 to 6

For additional information, please email blog@decadesinc.com or call + 1 323 655-0223. You may also visit us in person at Decades 8214 1/2 Melrose Avenue (2nd Floor) at Harper Avenue in Los Angeles, California. Please reference the description above, if calling or emailing. For email requests, kindly include your full name and phone number plus City, State, and Country from which you are contacting, so may offer you a high level of personal service.