Sunday, October 09, 2011

ME AND MY GIRL

It's no secret that I am a big Vicky Tiel fan. I remember how popular her dresses were in the 1980s where Fred Heyman did a brisk business with them at Giorgio on Rodeo Drive. I don't think there was a Bar Mitzvah that I attended where some guest wasn't working a Tiel ruched dress that made the boobs bigger; the waist smaller, and the butt firmer. You can imagine I was excited to meet the legendary American couturier when she came to Los Angeles to do a book signing for her memoir at the Westwood home of Carole Doheny last week. I got my book signed and snapped a photo with Ms. Tiel and Shirlee Fonda, who told me she has the largest collection of vintage Tiel, including some silk tap pants!
Well, I may not be offering you any tap pants, but I am offering a great sweetheart bust line cocktail dress with cap-shoulders, a fitted torso, and an open back that accented with criss-cross straps and a very pronounced bow adjacent to the derriere. The viscose blend silver and black dress has a 1940s silhouette but with 1980s punctuation. Vicky Tiel still dresses some of the sexiest women who can buy her modern collections at Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus, but we got ya covered in an example from the 1980s.
-Cameron









Vicky Tiel for Neiman Marcus silver/black cocktail dress with large back bow. c. 1980s. Marked size 42, modern 4 to 6


For additional information, please email blog@decadesinc.com or call + 1 323 655-0223. You may also visit us in person at Decades 8214 1/2 Melrose Avenue (2nd Floor) at Harper Avenue in Los Angeles, California. Please reference the description above, if calling or emailing. For email requests, kindly include your full name and phone number plus City, State, and Country from which you are contacting, so may offer you a high level of personal service.