Sunday, September 11, 2011

GREETINGS FROM 37,000 FEET

I am currently on a flight from SFO to JFK. I love and hate wireless on planes :) I haven't blogged in a week because I managed to go to spend Labor Day weekend in NYC, then went to Montreal to see the AMAZING Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit, followed by Dallas for our pop and then yesterday my lovely friends Laura and Evan Greenberg got married at the most stunning wedding in Napa. The bride was breathtaking in Monique Lhullier (does anyone do a better modern wedding dress) and the setting was a private estate surrounded by a vineyard, olive trees, a modernist mansion, and the party was Moroccan themed under a massive tent. It was perfect. I guess I am feeling a bit of nūptiālis, so I wanted to post this early 1960s Anonymous Haute Couture white paillette gown that I think deserves a consideration for a cool bride, an Emmy nominee, or an attendee of a glam gala (it's September and the social calendar of philanthropic causes and balls is heating up!). The swirl pattern of the paillettes is mermaid-a-licious against your skin. Speaking of which, the back of the dress sure shows a gorgeous back. The waist and high neck are defined by white jet pyramid beads applied in the most sophisticated manner.
-Cameron

Follow me on Twitter @CameronDecades and Facebook during fashion week for fast bon mots from the shows!







Anonymous Haute Couture organza gown fully embroidered in sequins, Italy c. 1960's. Modern Size 4 SOLD





For additional information, please email blog@decadesinc.com or call + 1 323 655-0223. You may also visit us in person at Decades 8214 1/2 Melrose Avenue (2nd Floor) at Harper Avenue in Los Angeles, California. Please reference the description above, if calling or emailing. For email requests, kindly include your full name and phone number plus City, State, and Country from which you are contacting, so may offer you a high level of personal service.